Serbia immigration – living in Serbia.

Advice for British nationals living in Serbia, including information on health, education, welfare, housing requirements, etc.


If you are an employed resident, you are entitled to the same health benefits as Serbian nationals. Your local employer should be able to obtain a local medical card for you. More detailed information can be found on the website of the Serbian Ministry of Health. There is a general lack of medicines and other necessities in the health system across Serbia. For some treatments, cash payment is usually required. Make sure you have enough travel health insurance and disposable funds to cover any medical expenses and repatriation expenses abroad.

For British nationals who live in the UK and are visiting Serbia, there is a reciprocal healthcare agreement that gives you the right to receive free treatment in Serbia for real emergencies. You need to show a British passport, proof of NHS insurance in the UK and proof of registration with the local police station. If you have an NHS card, the UK Revenue and Customs Service may provide a Serbian medical certificate. You should have this certificate before leaving the UK. Contact UK HMRC: 0044 191 22 50 735.

The reciprocity agreement does not cover repatriation to the UK or any other costs, so we strongly recommend purchasing sufficient travel medical insurance to cover any medical and repatriation expenses abroad.


For information about Serbia’s education and school system, please visit the website of the Serbian Ministry of Education and Science. There are no special schools for girls and boys.

Employment and recognized qualifications
As long as they have a work permit, British nationals can work in Serbia. The first point of contact for obtaining a work permit should be the Embassy of the Republic of Serbia in London.

Entry and residence requirements.

According to the law, unless you live in a hotel that will be automatically registered at check-in, you must register with the local police station where your town is located within 24 hours of arriving in Serbia. If you do not register, you may be fined, detained or appear in court. When you report your arrival to the police, you will get a foreigner registration card. Please make sure you keep this card in a safe place, because it will be your proof of entry and you need to use it to leave the country. If you have been registered for a long time (more than 3 months), you may be required to show British documents, such as your birth/marriage certificate or documents related to your marital status (divorce/spouse’s death certificate). Make sure you legalize them at the Office of Foreign and Federal Affairs before you travel. It is recommended that you bring your ID with you. For more information about living in Serbia for more than three months, please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for advice.

Please note: It may take 4 to 6 weeks to apply for a British passport while in Serbia, as all applications are processed in the UK HM Passport Office. For more local information, please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Serbia.


If you have retired and live in Serbia, you can receive your pension from the UK. For more information, please visit the UK Welfare website. If you spend time in the UK and other countries and are not sure how this will affect your UK pension, benefits and healthcare rights, please always consult the relevant UK authorities and local pension office and they will tell you What are the claims. If you have received a life certificate from the UK Pension Service, you must respond as soon as possible, otherwise your benefits may be stopped.

Driver’s license and vehicle.

The British Embassy cannot issue or renew a British driving license. The embassy is aware of the current policy of the Serbian authorities to retain a British driver’s license when applying for a Serbian driver’s license. Please note: The British driver’s license seized by the Serbian authorities will be returned to the British Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA). Publish temporary import information on motor vehicles and other consular information in the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Serbia.


Individuals living in Serbia can open accounts in most banks in Serbia. A valid ID is required (for British nationals, this means a valid British passport). Depending on your residency status, account type, business/income source, etc., the bank may have other requirements. Local information can be found on the website of the National Bank of Serbia. If you are interested in investment, please invest. Belgrade is the main government agency responsible for attracting new foreign investment in the country. Taxation is a complex issue and it is strongly recommended to seek professional advice. There may be severe penalties for incorrect, incomplete or delayed reports, and the law also stipulates that if the regulations are not followed, criminal proceedings may be instituted.

Bringing items including medicines into Serbia.

The latest information on Serbian customs procedures can be found on the website of the General Administration of Customs. Please read carefully the documents required to bring medicines and other items into Serbia. Those who fail to comply with the regulations on the import of medicines, medical aids and psychotropic substances shall be punished.

Posted in Immigration News has been tagged as Serbian Immigration, Immigration to Serbia

Serbia, EU candidate country ranked second

One month express immigration to Serbia
The cost is only 4000 Euros.

1 Company establishment + work permit
1 or real estate transfer
2 D Visa Application
3 Application for Temporary Residence
4 Driver's License Application
5 Bank Account Opening

If you have the idea of immigrating to Serbia
Welcome to contact us!

Our contact method is
Whatsapp: +381 606968711
Viber: +381 606968711